Referral SaaSquatch uses conventional HTTP response codes to indicate success or failure of an API request. In general, codes in the 2xx range indicate success, codes in the 4xx range indicate an error that resulted from the provided information (e.g. a required parameter was missing, a coupon code doesn't exist, etc.), and codes in the 5xx range indicate an error with Referral SaaSquatch's servers.
HTTP Status Code Summary
- 200 OK - Everything worked as expected.
- 400 Bad Request - Often missing a required parameter.
- 401 Unauthorized - No valid API key provided.
- 402 Request Failed - Parameters were valid but request failed.
- 403 Forbidden - Returned by open endpoints if they are disabled.
- 404 Not Found - The requested item doesn't exist.
- 500, 502, 503, 504 Server errors - something went wrong on Referral SaaSquatch's end.